Who qualifies for midterm access under the new law?
A member who has made contributions to the Fund shall be allowed midterm access to his or her benefits accrued from the contributions under the regulations below:
- A member who is forty-five years of age and above and who has made contributions to the Fund under section 7 of the Act for at least 10 years, is eligible to midterm access to his or her benefits, of a sum not exceeding 20 percent of his or her accrued benefits.
- A member who:
- Is a person with disability
- Is forty years of age and above; and
- Has made contributions to the fund under section 7 of the Act for at least ten years, is eligible to midterm access, of a sum of 50 percent of his or her accrued benefits
MIDTERM ACCESS TERMS & CONDITIONS
By providing this information, the client agrees to the following.
- The client acknowledges that this service is voluntarily undertaken.
- That the information provided by the client is true and correct and NSSF shall not be responsible for any loss that is occasioned as a result of wrong information provided and acted on.
- That whereas NSSF shall take reasonable steps to verify the authenticity of the information provided by the client, NSSF shall not be liable for any loss or breach arising from acting on a wrong and or forged detail provided to it
- That NSSF shall verify the information provided by the client with third parties like NIRA, Telecom Companies, Financial Institutions, Licensed Aggregators, Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies e.tc. as deemed appropriate.
- That NSSF shall use the client contact details provided to share transactional information with the client e.g., claim status, statements and balances.
- The client shall exercise due care in the management and safeguarding of his/her PIN, passwords, passcodes and NSSF shall not be liable for any loss that is occasioned as a result of mismanagement of PINs, passwords and pass codes.
- NSSF reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions herein and the client hereby agrees to be bound by such changes for as long as they are communicated to the clients prior to implementation.
- The client acknowledges that the services herein may be provided by a third party and NSSF is not responsible for the charges levied by omission or commission of the thirdparties
- That NSSF shall provide the service during working hours and any authorization or cancellation shall be made during these hours andNSSF shall not be responsible for completion or non-completion of the authorization made after the working hours or made after the completion of a transaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Members can submit their applications through: -
Mobile Phone (USSD) – *165*6*4# and *185*7*5#
Applicable for qualifying members whose NSSF balances are below UGX 15M in conformance with the National Payments Systems Act, 2020, and the National Payments Systems Regulations, 2021
Online Web Platform
Members whose NSSF balances are above UGX 15M threshold can click here to submit an online application.
Physical Application at various locations
- NSSF branches across the country starting on Monday 7th March 2022
- Kololo Airstrip (starting Wednesday 9th March 2022)
- Premises of Employers (more than 150 employees who qualify)
Payments will commence on March 17, 2022, and will be made through a channel of the member’s choosing:
- Verifiable Mobile Money Account – not more than UGX 3 million, as per the National Payments Systems Act, 2020, and the National Payments Systems Regulations, 2021.
- Verifiable Bank Account
Yes. The Fund has earmarked UGX 1 trillion for midterm benefit payment and will be paying out UGX 50 billion per week to qualifying members who have applied.
In addition to the midterm access, members will benefit from the following:
- Voluntary Top ups – Members can increase their contributions beyond the 5%, this can help them earn attractive rates on their savings hence enabling them to meet their savings goals. The Fund will communicate in due course how members can sign up for voluntary top-ups.
- New Benefits – The Fund is developing additional benefits, in line with the Geneva Convention 102 on Social Security (Minimum Standards). We shall unveil these as soon as we have concluded the development of the same.