The Fund covers all employers, irrespective of the number of employees between 16 and 55 years of age, with the exception of employees under the Government Pensions scheme. It is the obligation of the employer to remit contributions to the Fund for his/her employees every month.
The employer must deduct 5% from the employee's total gross monthly wage and add 10% of the total gross monthly wage making a total contribution of 15% for each employee. The payment of contributions must be paid by the 15th day of the following month.
Employers and workers that are not compelled by the mandatory provisions of the NSSF Act have the opportunity to voluntarily save for their retirement.
Under voluntary membership, the Fund recruits and registers persons who are self-employed, as well as contributing members who wish to make voluntary contributions to the Fund over and above their standard contributions.
To be the Social Security Provider of choice
To be a relevant partner to our members through continuous innovation in the provision of social security.
Our strategic priority is ‘enhancing work experience and impact’ for all our staff.